Goodness, it’s been a bit again since we visited huh? Guess what season it is at my house? Yep, it’s spring (or at least by the calendar) and it’s our busiest time of the year!
There are times during the spring I feel like I’m drowning in ranch work and with lack of sleep the drowning feeling intensifies! It doesn’t help that we’ve had a record breaking wet spring too. So much mud!!
But hey, we’re going to have hay and as ranchers this is a huge relief.
We all have different seasons in life that feel overwhelming. How can we handle those feelings of overwhelm?
- Take those feelings to God. When we try to ignore, stuff down or make light of our feelings they’ll have a way of exploding all over those around us. (Been there done that!)
- Gratitude!! I love journaling. Even if you can only take one minute to write down 3 things you are grateful for today it can make a huge difference!
- Resist the urge to veg out. I’m not saying it’s a bad idea to watch your favorite TV show, read a book, scroll social media, etc. What I’m saying is let’s not use these things to numb how we’re feeling.
- Come to terms with the fact you can’t do it all. If you’re finding your worth in your busyness let me suggest you take a step back and talk to God. Your value isn’t based on WHAT you do but WHOSE you are, a child of the one true King!
- REST!! Trust me, I know how hard it can be to get true rest in a season of overwhelm. But, make rest a big priority. If it means less of something else (TV, social media, reading, etc) to insure you get 10 extra minutes let the other stuff go.
I’m praying for you friend. Take care of yourself.
Also, here’s a little sneak peek into our spring season. Hope you enjoy!