Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed the first couple of wellness tips we shared HERE and are ready for a few more.
As with all things in life adjust to what you need and save the rest for another time. Also, these are my experiences. I’m obviously not a doctor and make no claims to diagnose or treat someone. Do with it what you will after research and prayer.
Maybe this one isn’t on your radar yet or maybe you go weekly. It’s taken me awhile and trying different things to figure out which type of practices help my body most. I understand it can feel overwhelming and even a little intimidating if you’ve never been to one before.
I was in a car wreck when I was a young kid and my neck was severely injured. My lifestyle has a tendency to add to the pain I deal with there too. The first time I went to a chiropractor and he adjusted my neck it scared the heck out of me!! Now I know what I difference it makes and look forward to it.
A couple of tips I’ve learned over the years.
- Find someone you’re comfortable with and can freely ask questions. Don’t settle for someone who won’t explain things to you first. It’s a big deal!
- Also, my personal preference is someone who isn’t jerking me around. Everything is methodical and done coordinated with breathing. No surprise neck twists for this girl please!
- For quite some time I wasn’t “holding” an ajustment as long as I’d like so started studying. I’ve started implementing the use of Valor Essential Oil right before and after I get ajusted now. It’s made a big difference for me on the adjustment holding better.
- One last thing, you may have to go more often in the beginning. You didn’t get out of whack over night and often it will take more than overnight to get you headed in the right direciton.
Do you ever struggle with all the opinions and advice when it comes to supplements? I hear ya! There are so many options and sometimes we can feel like we’re drowning in information. I’m not here to add to that. What supplements you choose to take or not take is up to you. My biggest piece of advice is listen to your body. What is it telling you need?
What I’d really like to discuss with you isn’t WHAT to take but how how to get in the habit of taking them!
- First, out of sight is out of mind and that’s not what we want when it comes to our supplements. Put them where you will see them when you need to take them. If that’s in the morning, put them beside your coffee maker or tea pot. If they need to be refigerated put your water jug (that you filled the night before to make sure you’re getting enough) next to them in there.
- Next, we’re forming habits here so expect them not to come natural at first. Set yourself up for success as much as possible. One of the ways I got in a habit was to set a reminder on my phone every day for well over a month. Now it’s a habit and I don’t need the reminder but leave it on there as long as you need.
This might be at the tail end of this article but it’s far from being an afterthought for our wellness! We were created to be in fellowship with our Creator. There is a void in us that only God can fill. So when we skip time to be alone with Him we’re truly cheating ourselves!
Okay, I hear you. Life is going by at warp speed and sometimes “quiet time” feels like one more thing on our list to hustle through and check off our list.
Just as with so many other healthy habits in our life the more we put it into practice the more we will feel the difference. Then our body, mind and spirit will crave that time with Jesus. By implementing it as a habit it quickly becomes a “get to” we crave!!
How do we go about that though?
- Schedule it. When you have an appointment at your doctor, dentist, accountant, etc you move things around in your day and get there, right? Maybe it feels a little awkward to schedule time with God because we want to be in fellowship with Him ALL day long. I hear ya. But, when we start forming habits we quickly realize how much more we’re staying connected to our Heavenly Father all the time.
- Set your Bible and devotions in the same place and have your space ready ahead of time. We want to make this habit super simple to jump right into. If you’re choosing morning, you cna often be a bit groggy first thing so no extra steps!
- Okay, don’t shoot the messenger but I’m just going to shoot straight with you. DON’T open or start anything before your Bible and/or Devotional in the morning. It can be tempting to just check your email quick. Or maybe just take a peek at your social media notifications first. Take it from someone who’s walked that road more than I care to admit. Nothing good comes from that!! For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21 (NIV)
So much of our health comes down to forming healthy habits. Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Tackle one piece at a time until it becomes a habit. Then continue to add on. An all or nothing mentality isn’t always the healthiest option for us anyway.
I’d love to hear some of your favorite wellness tips in the comments! Sharing is caring friend!