We all deal with stress to some degree or another. How we manage that stress varies greatly! I’m not here to tell you what is the right or wrong way for you. You are going to have to figure out what works for best you. But, I am going to give you some tips that I have learned over the years that worked for myself as well as other people.
Just so you don’t think I am some chill mama who’s never had one ounce of stress in her life, I want to let you in on something.
Several years ago I was not managing my stress well at all!! I developed severe adrenal fatigue to the point that my adrenals shut down and quit producing cortisol completely.
So I truly do understand a thing or two about stress. Along with some much-needed supplements and a wellness change, these tips I’m going to share with you made a huge difference in my life!
- Intentionally create margin in your life. I hear you, this is way easier said than done but even if you just carve out five minutes it can make a world of difference. Now if that means you have to go lock yourself in your bathroom mama, DO it! But you have to have time to decompress.
- Get some sunshine. I mean get your rear outside and get some sun on your skin!! We spend far too much time indoors anymore. I’m not asking you to spend hours out there or give up your job for a construction gig. What I mean is if you will take just a few minutes to feel the sun on your face and breathe in the fresh air it can reset your frame of mind. Vitamin D is one of nature’s best mood enhancers!
- Nourish your body. This doesn’t mean comfort food. Our body is designed to function with high-quality food. As hard as it is in the stressful moment moments, and we want to reach for sugar or chocolate or alcohol or any of the things that feel like they will comfort us in that very moment, but without loving our bodies with good nutrition we will be on a vicious cycle of highs and lows. Does that mean you have to eat kale every day? Of course not! I’m not a rabbit either but when I get the opportunity I’m going to eat a salad at least several times a week because I know it’s good for my body. And what’s good for my body is good for my heart and good for my mind.
- Laugh. Our world is so serious and it can just feel heavy many days. I know it’s not easy to find time or make yourself laugh. But we all have someone in our life that can bring a smile to our face. If you have that someone who can help you belly roll laugh even better! If you don’t, get on the internet and find the funniest cat videos you can and just laugh!!
- Invest in relationships. For me this means time with God filling my cup. It means being in real life friendships with people, not just social media. It means picking up the phone to hear a friends voice. Even if it’s just a few minutes. We do not have to be all or nothing people. Make the time, whatever time that is, and talk to those you care about!!
Also, just a reminder. We were NOT created to live a life of constant stress. We weren’t created to simply try to survive!!! Please hear me on this. I’m telling you this with SO much love!
We can choose to live a life of contentment regardless of the circumstances! (Phillipians 4:11)
We WERE created for a life of abundance in and through Jesus!! (John 10:10) The enemy is obviously going to try to steal that from us. We need to remind him to get behind us. Our freedom has already been bought with the blood of Jesus.
I pray this isn’t a one and done thing for you. My hope is that you will pick what works for you best and make it a habit! I’m praying for you friend.
As always feel free to reach out to me on my website or any social media platforms with your thoughts comments or questions.